Saturday 28 September 2013

If You Like Ladyboys, Are You Gay?

I was thinking about some of the cans of worms that you could potentially open by dating a ladyboy.

Top of the list I guess would be...

If you date a ladyboy, does that make you gay?

So let's tackle the whole gay issue straight on.

The answer as far as I am concerned is NO - if you like ladyboys, you're NOT gay.

In fact quite the opposite. Ladyboys strive to be feminine and ladylike, so we ladyboy enthusiasts are seeking out femininity in our ladyboys.

Here in Thailand, being a top notch ladyboy means being as feminine as, or indeed, more feminine than the local ladies.

When you're in a Bangkok shopping mall, how do you spot the ladyboys?

Well that's easy - the ladyboys are much more likely to have shaved their legs!

And I'll also point out that you can easily date women as well as ladyboys. But if you don't want to answer awkward questions you're better off not telling women that you have a thing for ladyboys.

In fact, I've dated way more ladies than ladyboys here in Thailand. Here are my dating statistics after 3 months of living in Bangkok:


So from these stats I'm pretty sure that I'm not gay.

My experiences of meeting ladyboys has also been that they're very much a 3rd gender. They're not men, but neither are they women. They're exotically different, and should be regarded as such.

And here in Thailand, there ARE gay men. But the gay men here don't date ladyboys, they date guys. In fact there are clubs and bars and massage places just for gay guys - these are completely separate from the ladyboy clubs and bars and massage joints here.

So don't worry - if you like ladyboys, you're NOT gay.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment